Create even greater impact with Impact Hero
Welcome Impact Hero
You may have noticed that we've added "powered by Impact Hero" to our logo. In this blog post we would like to tell you about the vision of Impact Hero and also report on how GROW MY TREE will continue. We want to take you on a journey to explore how our new approach can have an even bigger impact on the world.
GROW MY TREE will stay
The good news - GROW MY TREE will remain an integral part of Impact Hero.
In the past two years we have made a real impact with GROW MY TREE. By planting native trees together with our partners, we have not only been successful in creating long-term jobs and income for local farmers, but have also been able to promote education and contribute to the conservation and enrichment of forestry and biodiversity.
To date, GROW MY TREE has planted over 1.85 million trees and worked with more than 400 companies.
We want to maintain this success and that is why GROW MY TREE will remain an integral part of our company in the future.
The reason why we created Impact Hero
Looking at the impact achieved and the changes in living conditions, we quickly realized that there was still so much more to do. We need to rid our rivers and oceans of plastic, change the way we farm, protect our coral reefs, support the education of young people and much more.
Through our work with GROW MY TREE we have seen the power of organizations to create positive change and we knew there was more we could do to harness that power. That's why we created Impact Hero with the goal of empowering companies to implement impactful components like giving away trees planted or plastic collected as part of their business operations and to communicate their positive impact on the planet.
Our Impact products
To address the major environmental and social challenges of our time, we have expanded our portfolio and partnered with organizations that share our values.
In the following we would like to give you a small overview of our new Impact product portfolio and the possibilities to create Impact with us.
- Planting trees: Trees have the potential to absorb CO2 from the atmosphere, making them important weapons against climate change. But they also provide habitat for wildlife, prevent soil erosion and clean the air. We plant native tree species with our partners in the Global South and offer sustainable income opportunities
- Plastic collection support:Plastic pollution is one of the biggest environmental problems we face as it affects all life on Earth from land to sea. Collecting and recycling plastic means that ecosystems are spared and less new plastic has to be produced, thereby avoiding CO2. We work with local partners in countries of the Global South who collect plastics from the environment.
- Coral Reef Restoration: 25% of marine organisms depend on coral reefs, making them incredibly important biodiversity hotspots. Our partners have focused on coral reef restoration.
- Sponsor Education: Education is key to addressing environmental issues such as climate change. Our project focuses on empowering marginalized groups and creating green awareness.
- Conservation of biological diversity:Ecosystems such as forests, wetlands or peat bogs not only provide habitats for wild animals, but also play an important role as carbon sinks and climate stabilizers. Our projects focus on preventing the destruction of local ecosystems and protecting native wildlife through the acquisition of land titles.
- Enabling regenerative agriculture: Agroforestry systems increase carbon sequestration, revitalize soils and restore the hydrological cycle that has become increasingly dry. Our local partners in countries of the Global South enable farmers to transition to regenerative agriculture, including agroforestry practices, through training and financial support, thereby increasing yields and biodiversity.
- Carbon offset: We support projects that reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD), thereby ensuring that forests that release CO2 into the atmosphere are not cut down.
All of our project partners are located in the Global South, where the need for environmental, social and economic impact is greatest. We use modern and tailored methods, stay up to date with the latest science and use technology for transparency to maximize our impact.
The UN SDGs - what the Impact Hero products are aimed at
Impact Hero products are in line with several of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set out by the United Nations. Here are just a few examples of how our work contributes to these goals:
- Climate change:By planting trees, collecting plastic and supporting regenerative agriculture, we help mitigate climate change.
- Reduce Poverty: Through our partnerships with local farmers and communities, we create jobs and provide better shelter and food.
- Decent work and economic growth:We work with non-governmental organizations that employ local farmers and villagers to promote sustainable economic growth and improve living conditions.
- Countering inequalities:All of our suppliers pay particular attention to hiring women and supporting young girls to promote gender equality and reduce inequalities.
- Promote education: By supporting local schooling, we empower young people and promote access to quality education.
- Clean water and sanitation: Our reforestation and river cleaning initiatives result in cleaner natural water reservoirs and promote clean water and sanitation.
At Impact Hero, we are committed to working to help achieve the SDGs and create a better future for all.
Circular Impact: Our Logo
Our logo reflects our commitment to support the Sustainable Development Goals and our belief in the power of collective impact. The colorful elements arranged in a circle are intentionally designed to resemble the colors of the SDG symbols. They seem to bump into each other and create a domino effect. This represents the transformative power of action in one area, leading to a chain reaction of positive changes in other areas. We believe that every small action can create a ripple effect that leads to positive change, and our logo reminds us of that belief. This is the power of Impact Hero.
How can you create impact with us?
As already mentioned, our GROW MY TREE product portfolio will remain. So you still have the opportunity to plant and give away as trees. In addition, there is now an expanded product portfolio that is aimed in particular at companies. If you are part of a business and interested in making a positive impact, we invite you to explore our solutions on the Impact Hero website. Our team strives to work with companies that are interested in incorporating sustainable elements into their business processes. Together we can create a better future for our planet.
Would you also like to become an Impact Hero?
We hope you are as excited as we are. Let's continue this journey together and make an even bigger impact, achieve the United Nations SDGs and create a fairer future. Are you in?
Follow us on our Social Media channels Instagram, LinkedIn for further positive impact.